Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Secondary Navigation

Main page Content

Our school

Our school opened in 1898 (the secondary department in 1966) and enjoys a long history of community involvement. Many of the children are 3rd and even 4th generation students. The strong community support for the school is reflected in a wide range of formal and informal activities. 

The school caters for a wide range of abilities and personal expectations. It meets this challenge by utilising the services of professional staff and specialist support teachers.

The school provides educational programs from Preparatory to Year 9, catering for around 70 students from town and rural backgrounds. After Year 9, most students continue with formal senior education at a school of their choice.

Our professional teaching staff includes a principal, a Head of Curriculum (HOC), an itinerant Support Teacher Literacy & Numeracy (STLN), four primary teachers, four junior secondary teachers as well as an itinerant music teacher (who also supports our instrumental music program). The other specialist subjects of Health & Physical Education (HPE) and LOTE (AUSLAN) are taught by teachers based in our school.

The efforts of the school community are focussed on a single target - the best possible education for all our children, allowing for individual differences. At the start of 2012 we developed YES as our overarching message in driving towards this goal. With the strong support provided by teachers, ancillary staff, parents and community volunteers, we can be justifiably proud of the achievements of our school.