We finally received our School Improvement Unit (SIU) report on Monday (3/5/15). The executive summary of the report has been upload to our school homepage with a link to it under the Quicklinks on the front page for you to download a copy if you wish.
As I’ve said previously the reviewers were very impressed with our and they identified a number of things we can do to make our school even better. The key things are:
· Develop and implement a systematic whole school approach to building teacher and leadership capacity including high quality professional development, coaching, mentoring, feedback and supervision along with recognition of teacher expertise.
· Ensure clear communication to teachers, students and parents of high expectations for teaching and learning, behaviour and attendance across the whole school.
· Develop clarity and cohesion between the various school programs through the review and refinement of an explicit pedagogical framework and a whole school curriculum framework. Ensure that these documents capture the Cecil Plains State School’s way of teaching and learning in a multi-age, Prep to Year 9 setting.
· Review the use of teaching staff to ensure that this resource is used to its potential to teach all students throughout the school.
· Provide professional development for staff which aligns with the school improvement priorities particularly in the area of reading and numeracy.
The next set will be developing strategies over the next 4 years to make these happen. To that end the staff and I will be meeting with my boss to talk through the various possible strategies on Wednesday the 19th of August. I will keep you posted on what the strategies will be as they develop.
What can you do to help at home? Download a copy of the executive summary from our homepage and celebrate the great
successes that are listed. Think about ways you may be able to help the school in making our school even greater than it is. Keep an eye out for messages about changes I have in the newsletter that will help improve our school.